Steven R. Hochberg is the Co-Chair of Golenbock’s Real Estate Department. Mr. Hochberg has been involved in all aspects of real estate acquisitions, sales, financing and leasing for all types of commercial and residential real estate.
Mr. Hochberg has represented institutional and private lenders in connection with construction and permanent mortgage financing for commercial and residential projects throughout New York State.
Mr. Hochberg has developed the firm’s practice in the area of affordable housing development. He has represented developers, not-for-profit corporations and lenders that have developed thousands of affordable housing units throughout New York City. Mr. Hochberg’s experience includes working with various governmental agencies and with the various forms of public subsidies, tax credits, tax exemptions, municipal and private activity bonds that are available for low income and affordable housing development.
Mr. Hochberg has served as Real Estate Counsel to the New York City Housing Partnership, a non-profit corporation, which oversees affordable housing development and is the current chair of the New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH) Legal Committee.
Mr. Hochberg is a member of the Real Property Law Committee of the New York State Bar Association.
- St. John’s University School of Law – 1986
- Syracuse University, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, cum laude – 1983
- New York – 1987
- Member – New York State Bar Association
- Member – Real Property Law Committee
- Member – Real Estate Tax Review Bar Association
- Advisory Board – New York State Association for Affordable Housing, Chair, Legal Committee