Diana J. Lee is Of Counsel in Golenbock’s Real Estate Department.
Ms. Lee previously held positions as Deputy General Counsel in the Office of Legal Affairs at the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development, Deputy Bureau Chief and Review Section Chief in the Real Estate Financing Bureau of the Office of the Attorney General of the State of New York, New York Counsel at Kaye, Scholer, Fierman, Hays & Handler, Partner at Kalkines, Arky, Zall & Bernstein LLP and Partner and Senior Counsel at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP.
Ms. Lee has acted as development counsel for not-for-profit institutions including major social service agencies, hospitals and health care organizations. She was instrumental in developing financing programs for primary care facilities and representing a lender in their various programs including tax-exempt bond financings. She has acted as developer’s counsel on affordable, senior and supportive housing projects with experience in tax abatement, inclusionary housing and other City and State programs. As part of the development process, she represents clients in acquisitions, leasing including ground leasing, construction contracts, construction disputes and regulatory issues. She has represented real estate owners and developers in numerous conversion and new construction condominium and cooperative offering plans.
- Hunter College High School 1966
- Queens College of CUNY 1970, Magna Cum Laude
- New York University School of Law 1973
- Admitted to New York City Bar 1974
- Member – New York State Bar Association
- Served on Housing and Urban Development Committee, Cooperative and
Condominium Committee and Judiciary Committee
- Previous and Current Not-for-Profit Associations
- On Board of Trustees of The Brooklyn Charter School
- On Session of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn
- Co-Chair and a Director of The YWCA of Brooklyn
- On Board of Not-for-Profit Finance Fund
- On Board of Asian Americans for Equality
- A founding Board member of Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- One of Legal Services NYC’s Top 25 Pro Bono Advocates of 2015