Sharon V. Skolnik is a Partner in the Firm’s Real Estate Department. She has been with the Firm since 2007 and became a Partner in 2012.
Ms. Skolnik’s practice focuses on real estate financing, development, acquisitions and sales of commercial and residential real estate, as well as cooperative and condominium law and real estate tax abatements. Ms. Skolnik represents institutional lenders in residential, multifamily and sophisticated commercial transactions. Additionally, she represents developers and not-for-profit organizations in connection with the development and financing of affordable housing.
Prior to joining Stempel Bennett Claman & Hochberg, P.C., Ms. Skolnik was an Associate at a Garden City, Long Island, law firm where the focus of her practice included representing institutional and private lenders in commercial real estate finance, including construction loan finance and multifamily finance transactions, loan workout, commercial litigation, coop and mortgage foreclosure and bank real estate owned sales.
Ms. Skolnik’s experience also includes landlord/tenant litigation and municipal zoning matters. Prior to private practice, Ms. Skolnik was a Legal Affairs Officer of a New York regional bank, where she provided legal assistance to various departments of the bank, including residential and commercial lending, corporate and retail banking.
- Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center of Touro College – 2002, Touro Law Review – Research Editor
- New York Institute of Technology, cum laude – 1985
- New York – 2003
- United States District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH)
- Women in Housing and Finance, Inc.